- Be mindful of email: check it only 2-3 times per day.
- If your computer or phone alerts you when someone emails, tweets, please turn that off.
- Keep the TV off! Even if you think it’s just background noise, it’s not.
- Put a “do not disturb” sign on your door and turn your phone off.
- If you work in an office, try putting on headphones. Music is a great way to block out the noise and chatter from your co-workers.
- Tell your friends in advance that for the next few hours, days, weeks, months, you are going to be laser-focused on some really important stuff that means a lot to you.
- If you have to, do not be afraid to be unavailable, unreachable, and hard to get a hold of.
The reason why we want to eliminate distractions is for the ultimate purpose of being able to work on things that you care about, spend time with people that you love, and live your life with purpose. Make your priorities your priority!!